As you all know, I’m always looking for new, fast, weeknight meals that the whole family loves.
The other day, a Fine Cooking subscription showed up in my mailbox (so if you bought it for me, thank you!) One of the recipes in there looked good and my 3 year old pointed to it and said “make that” and you know she rules the house, so we did.
Turned out to be really quick and flavorful. Hubs thought it tasted like something off a swanky restaurant appetizer list.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 4 to 5 pieces of naan (I use the Stone fire brand, they have it at Costco)
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into two thinner cutlets
- 1/2 cup + a little more BBQ sauce
- 4 oz smoked gouda, shredded (don’t go spendy here)
- 4 oz part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
1. Preheat grill. Sprinkle chicken cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of each with about a tbsp BBQ sauce. Cook on grill so that there are grill marks. Remove from heat and cut into chunks.
2. Place naan on a baking sheet or something for transport to the grill. Brush each piece with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly across all the pieces. Sprinkle red onion across all pizzas. Sprinkle chicken chunks across all pieces. Press it all down into the naan.
3. Grill the naan pizzas for about 5 minutes until bottom is browned and crisp. If gets crisp before cheese is melted, move to upper grill rack or cooler spot.
I know summer is basically over, but if we keep grilling, we can hold on to the summer vibe for as long as possible. 🔆