Yeah, so not exactly a food.. but a recipe nonetheless. We don’t call them bath bombs in our house cause that seems too severe for a 3 year old and 1 year old? Probably silly, but anyway.. on to the recipe that we used. LV loves making these and gets really excited for bath time when she can use them and kind of play with them as they fizz apart.
Bath Fizzies – makes 6 mini muffin tin sized fizzies
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- up to 2 tsp essential oil (I don’t add nearly this much usually)
- 2-3 tsp oil (jojoba, coconut, olive, melted shea butter)
- food coloring
- mini muffin tin or other mold like ice cube tray
- Mix dry ingredients EXCEPT citric acid in bowl.
- In a separate bowl/jar, add water, essential oil, food coloring, and 2 tsp oil . Mix well.
- Wet to dry ingredients. First mix with spoon and then with fingers until has the texture of damp sand or a graham cracker crust. You want it to be able to stick together when you squeeze it or in this case, put it in the mold. If you need slightly more oil, add it, but don’t add too much.
- Once well mixed, add the citric acid. Again, mix well with hands. You may see a slight fizzing, that is ok.
- Pack tightly into molds and remove from molds immediately and let dry out for a couple of days before gift giving to let them harden up. But if you are just using them right away, go for it!